Heetch in Kinshasa
If you’re looking for a taxi service in Kinshasa, the new ride-hailing app Heetch RDC might be just what you need. The app matches independent drivers with passengers. The service was previously launched in 6 other African countries and 2 European ones.
How does Heetch RDC work?
It couldn’t be easier:
Download Heetch RDC on Google play or the App store.
Sign up for an account using your email and local phone number. You will receive a verification code via SMS.
Open the app and you will see drivers nearby.
Put your destination to see the cost.
Request your ride.
Pay cash once the ride is over.
What makes Heetch different from other taxi services in Kinshasa?
- You can share details of the ride in real-time with a click of a button.
- GPS location services so you can see how long it takes before a taxi gets to you.
- Since they use independent drivers, the service is available 24 hours a day. Interestingly, I discovered that they will also train interested persons to be drivers.
- You can talk to the driver within the app. So if there are any delays or unexpected changes in plans, you can always stay in touch.
- It is currently a lot cheaper than the other private taxi service in Kinshasa.
If I were to give it a rating out of ten I would give it a 7. Why? I’ve experienced some glitches where the app needed to be closed constantly. Also, I did not like that I could not select multiple stops in one trip request. However, overall I think the Heetch RDC is off to a great start. I would recommend it to anyone who does not want to deal with driving in this traffic and parking hassles. I’ve used the app three times so far and have been impressed with the app and service. I look forward to seeing how the app evolves over time.
Get 6500 CDF off your first ride with when you use my promo code: KIMBERLY48251894
Pingback: Instagram Links